Best Emollient Cream and Tips for a Hydrated Skin
Maybe you're dealing with skin that is dry, flaky, and itchy and searching for the best emollient cream to soothe and hydrate it. Let me share with you one that's made by a brand trusted for ages – E45 cream. Find out below why E45 Cream is probably the best emollient cream around. I'll be giving value how-to's as well for skin hydration.
Why Choose E45?
E54 Cream has been around since the 1950s. It was made by a Boots chemist for skin soothing and protection. Initially, E45 cream was for hospital use only. After a decade, doctors saw it was effectively alleviating dry skin conditions. It was finally sold in retail in 1980. It quickly gained a steady following and was often sold out. From then until now, E45 Cream has been synonymous to dry skin saver.
What makes E45 one of the best emollient creams? It's this potent emollient called paraffin. This ingredient is excellent at locking in moisture while repairing the skin barrier, thus improving skin quality. Coupled with lanolin, which is superb at retaining moisture, that is, up to 400 times its weight once absorbed by the skin, any type of dry skin condition, from flaky and itchy sunburn, eczema, to even dry psoriasis, is sure to get all the hydration boost it needs. What's more? The whole family can use it! Safe and gentle for kids ages 1 and up, this is an excellent emollient to hydrate your skin.
Here are some valuable tips on how to keep your skin hydrated:
Hydrate from the Inside Out
- The skin's moisture barrier is best fortified by pure water. So, don't forget to drink plenty of water throughout the day. The recommended amount is still 6-8 glasses a day. It's the easiest and the best way to fortify your skin barrier.
- Whip up fibre boosting green smoothies. A recommended combo is pineapple, banana, and flax seeds. Pineapple is a natural body cleanser. Thanks to bromelain, a digestive enzyme that cleanses the colon and aids in digestion. It's anti-inflammatory and like flax seeds, which means they're a great source of antioxidants that boost overall health and immunity.
- Eat food rich in water content such as cucumber, kale, lettuce, celery, zucchini, melons, berries, red grapes, avocado, sweet potato, and broccoli.
- Nurture Your Skin by Eating Healthy
- Nutrition is key to keeping hydrated. A healthy diet benefits every organ in your body, including the biggest one – your skin. Some of the most nourishing healthful food that your skin will thank you for are:
- Omega-3 fatty acids-rich food. Essential fatty acids promote a healthy skin barrier. It also helps plump up the skin. Omega-3 fatty acids are best derived from fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and herring. Chia seeds and pumpkin seeds are the best plant-based source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Vitamin C-rich food like oranges and kale, and Ascorbic acid as a supplement. Vitamin C is a critical component in your skin's production of collagen – the protein that serves as one of the main building blocks for our bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, hair, and skin. An increase in collagen production will help hasten the healing process in your skin's barrier.
- Take your vitamins and supplements daily.
- Include Vitamin D and Zinc. They are great at protecting and repairing the skin.
- Consider taking supplements such as evening primrose oil to supply your body with fatty acids that are needed to restore hydration to your skin.
- You might also want to take probiotics for a healthy gut. Studies reveal that a balanced microbiome improves dry skin conditions.
- Ditch Stress
- It will only worsen your dry skin condition. It causes your skin barrier's function to be compromised, leading to dehydration. When stressed, your body produces more cortisol hormones which signal the brain to produce corticotrophin release hormone (CRH). CRH is responsible for stimulating sebaceous glands into oil production. I think you know where I'm getting at – acne, pimples, unnecessary woes. So chill.
- It will undo all the progress you've been making as stress slows down the skin barrier's ability to heal itself.
- That's Why It's Called Beauty Rest
- Sleep is so underrated. Most of us sacrifice hours of sleep for a deadline at work, binge-watching, or a late-night out with friends, unmindful of the miracle of epidermal recovery to be had should we have turned in early instead. Yes, our body works wonders while we're sleeping. It's incredible how our immune system releases cytokines, small proteins assigned to repair and restore health everywhere it's needed, and defend the body against infections only as we sleep. So take that beauty rest.
- Put Together a Skincare Regimen
- While it's easier to just go to the nearest shop for your skincare needs, it's well worth taking time and doing your research on the best natural cleanser, toner, moisturizer, serum, and UV protection. It might not even take that long since reputable online pharmacies have a short but sweet list of natural skincare products priced affordably.
If you haven't yet, visit this site for your E45 Cream, and do look around. It'll be worth your while skimming through their list of great finds. Enjoy shopping!