Is No Flush Niacin Good for Me?
Niacin, also referred to as Vitamin B3, plays a crucial role in 400 enzymes in our body. These enzymes are involved in biochemical reactions that turn the food we consume into fuel. Niacin is also a powerful antioxidant. It aids in DNA repair and boosts skin, heart, brain, and digestive health. Although our body doesn't make Niacin or Vitamin B3, it's widely present in plant and animal-based food. Niacin-rich food includes avocado, beets, potatoes, green peas, sunflower seeds, peanuts, brewer's yeast, beef liver and kidney, salmon, swordfish, tuna, dairy products. Niacin-fortified infant formula and processed food like bread, cereals, and pasta are readily available. Since it's hard to miss this vitamin in our diet, Niacin deficiency should be uncommon. Yet, it's prevalent in both advanced and developing countries. Poor lifestyle choices for the former while poverty for the latter are the culprit of a growing case of nutrient-deficient population. Among the tell-tale signs of Niacin deficiency are as follows:
- Rashes and skin pigmentation
- Nausea and vomiting
- Extreme tiredness
- Swollen mouth
- Reddish tongue
- Loss of appetite
- Bowel problems
- Mental unwellness (brain fog, depression, apathy)
- Memory loss
Niacin is water-soluble. The body can't store excess amounts. So, what the body doesn't need passes in the urine. For this reason, supplementation is vital for the deficient. The recommended daily allowance (RDA) is 14 mg for women and 16 mg for men. Doctors also recommend taking it solely or with other medicines to treat certain health conditions. Niacin as Nicotinic Acid has shown great promise in regulating blood cholesterol levels, treating circulatory problems, preventing skin cancer, and alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety. However, there's a rather unpleasant but harmless side effect to watch out for, that is, severe skin flushing. This reaction comes with nausea and a burning, tingling, itching sensation in the face, neck, and chest. As a countermeasure, taking it on a full stomach is recommended. Staying hydrated and dividing the recommended dosage throughout the day also prevent such reactions.
The good news is, Niacin as Inositol Hexanicotinate takes away that flushing side-effect. That's why it's widely known as no-flush Niacin. This unique Inositol bound Niacin is harder to break down. Thus, it takes several hours for the body to separate these bonded complex compounds, which means a gradual release of Niacin in the bloodstream. This gentle release accounts for the no-flush experience. So, with Inositol Hexacotinate, you'll get Niacin to impact your health without blushing.
Here are some of the health conditions that no-flush Niacin may help improve:
- Lowers LDL and triglycerides while increasing HDL
- As a vasodilator, it may address circulatory problems, i.e., Reynaud's disease
- Removes cholesterol from arteries
- Protects skin from the harmful effects of sunlight (UV)
- Used in experimental treatments for skin cancers
- Niacin synthesizes a molecule that's crucial in fighting against inflammation during viral infection
- Niacin reduces viral replication and strengthens the body's immune defence
- Rids the body of excess adrenaline and regulate hormones
- Relieves physical stress
- Used in treating anxiety and depression
The above reasons explain why you'll see a lot of no-flush Niacin supplements in the market. When it comes to quality natural products, only a handful makes the grade. One of which is Solgars's No Flush Niacin.
Allow us to give you two compelling reasons why it's our top choice:
- Above Par Quality
Solgar is known as the Gold Standard for Vitamins because of its passion for creating above-par products. With Solgar, every detail must count towards that Gold standard they've held themselves to for years. Ingredients come from wherever in the world they're grown best, avoiding artificial materials, unnecessary fillers, binders, and chemicals. Products are made in the best sterile environment and solely by their trusted people. If that is not enough, they also keep production to a small batch to ensure that every crafted product reflects the excellence they have adhered to for 70 years. No wonder, Solgar's products are Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Vegan, Dairy-free, Kosher, and Halal.
- Passion for Wellness
Your wellness is what drives Solgar. They're serious about constantly finding diamonds in the rough. God-made nature has a vast wealth of untapped potential for aiding the body's astounding design of regeneration or self-healing. Solgar is passionate about uncovering nature's hidden gems and the wonder that the body is through science and research. Such passion has led them to create, not trending, but apt- for-the-times health supplements.
Here are some helpful points worth considering that will make supplementing with Niacin safe and effective:
- Niacin must be doctor prescribed if used for treating or alleviating certain health conditions. Such a natural treatment pathway has proved to be successful but only in greater dosage. It's likewise best to check with your GP before supplementing as interaction with certain medications may be possible.
- Niacin works best when taken with food at the start of the day. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Taken at very high doses, Niacin can potentially harm the liver and cause stomach ulcers. Close monitoring of the liver and blood is best.
- People with pre-existing illnesses of the liver, kidney, and stomach shouldn't supplement with Niacin.
- Niacin may exacerbate allergies.
Should you consider supplementing with Niacin, do check out Solgar. They are unquestionably a trusted brand, having spanned generations of loyal followings. It isn't surprising to find them among the ranks of the few good companies that take accountability to heart.
If you're looking for a company that -
- crafts products of the highest quality
- constantly improves business operations through best practices
- generously gives back to the community
Then, Solgar is one worth putting your money on, especially when it comes to something as precious as your health. Find this and other amazing supplements at Local Pharmacy Online.