Tegaderm® Alginate Dressings are made from 100% Calcium Alginate.
The dressing forms a gel like consistency as it absorbs exudate. The dressing can usually be removed from the wound in one piece and flushing may not be required. Suitable fot use on moderate to heavily exuding wounds.
- Highly absorbent for moderate to high exuding wounds
- Absorbs exudate and forms a gel-like consistency
- Primary dressing for use on infected wounds
- Provides a moist healing environment
- Available as a pad or rope in various sizes
- Requires an appropriate secondary dressing
Use 3M™ Tegaderm™ Alginate Dressing for infected, high exuding wounds. They’re ideal as primary dressings and are available as pads or ropes.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Alginate Dressing is our highly conformable, absorbent, and sterile dressing composed of calcium alginate in a non-woven pad or rope. They’re ideal for use as primary dressings, forming a gel-like consistency and providing a moist healing environment. Available in a variety of sizes.
Suggested applications are :
- Indicated for use on moderate to heavily exuding wounds including;
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous and arterial leg ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Donor sites
- Traumatic wounds
- Other dermal wounds