Corsodyl Mint Mouthwash is a mint flavoured medicated mouthwash that can be used to treat and prevent gum disease (gingivitis) and maintain oral hygiene by inhibiting the formation of dental plaque.
Corsodyl treatment mouthwashes are antibacterial solutions containing chlorhexidine digluconate 0.2% w/v.
Chlorhexidine digluconate has a dual action:
- It is an antibacterial ingredient that attacks and helps to kill the plaque bacteria that can cause your gum irritation.
- It creates a protective layer over your teeth and gums for up to 12 hours, thus helping to prevent any new plaque forming.
With its convenient and easy to use format, the mouthwash is also particularly useful when more than one area in the mouth needs attention.
As well as being used to treat and prevent gum disease, Corsodyl is used for the following conditions:
- Mouth ulcers
- Denture sore mouth
- Oral thrush
- Promote gum healing after dental surgery or treatment
- Maintain mouth hygiene
How to use
- After brushing the teeth, thoroughly rinse the mouth out with water and then rinse with 10ml of Corsodyl Mint Mouthwash for about one minute. Do this twice daily.
- Not suitable for children under 12 years of age unless instructed by a dentist.
Duration of use:
- Gingivitis (gum disease) - Corsodyl treatment can be used for up to 30 days. If unsure. please consult your dentist or pharmacist first.
- Mouth ulcers and oral thrush - Continue to use Corsodyl for 2 days after healing has occurred.
- Denture sores - Soak and clean the dentures in Corsodyl mouthwash for 15 minutes twice daily.
Active ingredient: Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.2% w/v.
Other ingredients: Ethanol 7% v/v, Macrogolglycerol Hydroxystearate, Sorbitol, Peppermint Oil and Water.