Dentinox Cradle Cap Shampoo has been specially formulated to treat cradle cap in babies and young children.
Dentinox Cradle Cap shampoo is a gentle product that can be used for even the youngest baby. In fact, Dentinox Cradle Cap Treatment Shampoo is so gentle that it can be used as a general shampoo once the condition has cleared.
- Dentinox Cradle Cap Shampoo contains the active ingredients; sodium lauryl ether sulpho-succinate and sodium lauryl ether sulphate.
- Application - Infants and birth onwards: Using 2-3ml of shampoo, repeat two applications at each bath until scalp is clear. Then use as necessary.
- When applying, message gently but firmly over your child's scalp to help lift the scaly patches, but be careful not to scratch the skin.
- As with all shampoo and bathing products, contact with the eyes should be avoided.
Dentinox Cradle Cap Shampoo contains the active ingredients sodium lauryl ether sulfo-succinate and sodium lauryl ether sulphate, which belong to a group of medicines called cleansing surfactants. These cleansers have been shown to be effective in the treatment of cradle cap.
Dentinox Cradle Cap Shampoo is for the treatment of infant cradle cap, and general care of infant scalp and hair. The shampoo is suitable to use from birth.
Before you use Dentinox Cradle Cap Shampoo 125ml you should not use it if:
- Your baby is allergic to sodium lauryl ether sulfo-succinate, sodium lauryl ether sulphate, or any of the other Dentinox Cradle Cap Shampoo Ingredients listed in the patient information leaflet.
- The skin on the scalp is broken.
- There are signs of scalp infection (redness, blistering, oozing, warmth).
Take special care with Dentinox Cradle Cap Treatment Shampoo 125ml.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Do not use if your baby has any signs of eczema on the scalp such as redness, swelling, blistering, dryness or cracking of the skin.
- Test on a small area of the infant’s skin the day before you intend to use the shampoo. Do not use if any signs of redness or skin irritation occur within 24 hours of the test.
- Do not use other shampoos at the same time, as this can make the skin very dry.
How to use
Repeat two applications of 2-3ml of shampoo at each bath until scalp is clear. When applying, massage it gently but firmly into the affected area, being careful not to scratch the skin. It is recommended that this proceedure is done just once a day. Once the cradle cap has cleared, Dentinox Cradle Cap Treatment Shampoo can be used as daily shampoo to maintain cleanliness.
The active substances are sodium lauryl ether sulpho-succinate 6% w/w and sodium lauryl ether sulphate 2.7% w/w.
The other ingredients are: sodium salt of coconut imidazoline, oleic acid diethanolamide, sodium chloride, dilute hydrochloric acid, rose perfume and purified water