Gaviscon Double Action Heartburn & Indigestion Tablets provide a long lasting relief from problems and pains associated with heartburn and acid indigestion.
They work to neutralise excess stomach acid to try to soothe the pain and discomfort. They also aid the formation of a protective barrier over the stomach contents in order to relieve the burning sensation and pains in the chest.
How to use
- For oral administration.
- Chew thoroughly before swallowing.
- Read package leaflet before using.
- For adults and children over the age of 12.
- When symptoms occur take two to four tablets after meals and at bed time, up to four times a day.
- For children under the age of 12: Should only be taken on medical advice.
Hazards and Cautions
- If symptoms persist after 7 days consult your doctor.
- High in sodium - see leaflet for further information.
- Contains calcium.
- If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these please consult your doctor before taking this product.
- Contains sucrose.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via household wastewater or household waste.
- Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protected the environment.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not store above 30°C.
Each chewable tablet consists of 250mg sodium alginate, 106.5mg sodium hydrogen carbonate and 187.5mg calcium carbonate as the active ingredients. Contains aspartame (E951). If you have phenylketonuria, note that the product is sweetened with aspartame (E951), a source of phenylalanine. Contains carmoisine lake (E122). The tablets do not contain gluten. You may take this product if you are pregnant or breast feeding.