Glycerol 1g Suppositories are used for the relief of acute and temporary constipation in infants, children and adults.
Glycerol 1g Suppositories belongs to a group of medicines called laxatives. A laxative is a medicine which is used for the treatment of constipation.
This medicine works by its mildly irritating action promoting emptying of the bowels.
Glycerin Glycerol 1g Suppositories Infants is an easy and effective way to provide your baby with relief from constipation and works by encouraging bowel movement- helping to relieve any pain or discomfort they might feel due to not being able to pass stool. These Glycerol 1g suppositories are safe and simple to use and will dissolve in a matter of minutes, providing your baby with fast and effective treatment.
How to use
Use one suppository when required. Repeat if necessary.
- Adults & children over 12 years: one 4g suppository.
- Children 12 months to 12 years: one 2g suppository.
- Infants newborn to 12 months: one 1g suppository.
To remove suppository, tear one from the strip along the perforation, then peel it from the container by pulling apart the tabs at the top of the suppository. If suppository is soft, place in refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to use.
- Moisten the tip of the suppository with water before insertion.
- Insert one suppository well up in the rectum (back passage) and allow to remain for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Lie on one side and pull up knees. Gently insert suppository, pointed end first, high into the rectum. It is not necessary for the entire suppository to melt to obtain satisfactory results.
- Onset of action usually between 15 to 60 minutes.
Glycerol 1g Suppositories contains glycerol as the active ingredient. It also contains gelatin and water.
This medicine does not contain lactose, sucrose or gluten.