Happinose is a gentle decongestant balm designed to give relief from colds, catarrh or hayfever.
The clear ointment contains a soothing, subtle blend of levomenthol, eucalyptol and geranium oil, together with soft paraffin and light liquid paraffin as the base.
The scent of this ointment is more balanced than most other menthol rubs. This has a psychological benefit in that you are not constantly reminded that you are ill. It is also ideal for applying when you are out in public. Great for air travel as the ointment can be used inside the nostrils and thus help to protect against airborne germs. Happinose can also be rubbed onto the bridge of the nose, lips, throat, chest and between the shoulders.
- Ointment base containing Menthol 0.3% w/w
- Symptomatic relief of nasal congestion associated with the common cold, catarrh, head colds and hayfever
- Adults: carefully apply up to 1cm of Happinose in and around each nostril, using the little finger, and inhale through the nose. Re-apply every 4 hours or as required
- Children 10 years and over: as above, but use up to half a cm
- Children aged 5-9 years old: as above, but use up to one quarter of a cm
- Store at 25 degrees centigrade or below.
- 14g tube.
How to use
Use it only in and around the nose, on the lips, throat, chest and between the shoulders.
Before you use this tube for the first time, open it as follows:
Unscrew the cap, turn it upside down and use the sharp point in the top of the cap to pierce the tube membrane.
- Blow the nose.
- Using the little finger, carefully apply up to 1 cm of Happinose in and around each nostril, and then inhale through the nose.
- You may also gently massage the ointment onto the lips, throat, chest and between the shoulders.
- Re-apply every 4 hours or as required.
- Wash hands after use.
- If your symptoms last for longer than 10 to 14 days, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
For children, 10 years and over:
Follow the above instructions for adults, but using up to ½ cm of ointment in and around each nostril.
Children, between 5 to 9 years:
Follow the above instructions for adults, but using up to ¼ cm of ointment in and around each nostril.
Levomenthol (0.3% w/w), cineole (eucalyptol), geranium oil, white soft paraffin, and light liquid paraffin.