Hedrin 4% Lotion is a liquid lotion for the eradication of head lice and eggs.
Hedrin lotion contains Dimeticone and Cyclomethicone 5.
Dimethicone: a silicone oil that smothers lice and kills them by dehydration or suffocation. The lotion can safely be used as often as required without the lice developing resistance.
Cyclomethicone 5: a carrier ingredient which evaporates after application leaving the active ingredient to kill the lice making Hedrin 4% Lotion highly effective against head lice and eggs
- A clear liquid lotion.
- No nasty odour.
- Skin friendly, no nasty pesticides.
- Easy application.
- Clinically proven to kill head lice and eggs.
- Suitable for adults and children 6 months and over.
- Hedrin Lotion may be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
In some cases head lice have become resistant to many existing treatments which may result in infestations within schools and communities taking longer to eradicate. However, because Hedrin works in a purely physical way, resistance is not a factor and efficacy is not diminished.
If a member of the family or a friend has live head lice, check all the other family members and friends and treat all other cases of live head lice which are discovered at the same time. If a friend or family member has lice without knowing, it is likely they will be passed around again and again so contact tracing is very important.
How to use
- Apply sufficient lotion evenly over DRY hair ensuring the scalp is fully covered.
- Work lotion into the hair spreading it evenly from roots to tips.
- Leave on for at least 8 hours or overnight, allowing the hair to dry naturally.
- Wash hair with normal shampoo, rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
- Apply Hedrin again after 7 days to deal with any lice which may have hatched during that time.
- Failure to repeat the treatment may result in the return of louse infestation.
- If a member of the family has live head lice, check all family members and treat accordingly.
Dimeticone 4% w/w and Cyclomethicone 5.