Senokot 7.5mg/5ml Syrup 150ml is a laxative made with natural senna treated especially to yield a constant amount of active ingredient in each dose, to give predictable relief from occasional or non-persistent constipation.
Senokot Syrup is suitable for both adults and children over 12 years old and great for those who do not like swallowing tablets.
- 150ml bottle.
- A 10ml spoonful contains 14mg Standardised Senna.
- Relief of occasional or non-persistent constipation.
- Great for those who do not like swallowing tablets.
- Suitable for both adults and children over 12.
The active ingredient in Senokot is the extract of the senna plant. The senna plant has been used as a laxative for many years, and has proven to be safe. The bowel works by pushing stools down using a wave-like motion known as peristalsis. The senna in Senokot gently stimulates the bowel, thus pushing stools down faster. This is a reliable way of relieving constipation.
How to use
Adults and Children over 12 years: Take 10ml at night time.
Hazards and Cautions
- Always read the leaflet and labels.
- Do not take if allergic to any of the ingredients.
- As with all laxatives, Senokot should not be used constantly in the long term.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
- Constipation may be symptomatic of a deeper underlying condition.
- Diarrhoea is a sign of over dosage.
- Do not exceed stated dose.
If you suffer from long-term constipation, you may like to visit our constipation page. For example, augmenting your diet with fibre will help constipation in the long term, with Senokot for use during more severe episodes.
5ml contains: sennosides, as calcium salts, equivalent to 7.5mg hydroxyanthracene glycosides.