TCP ingredients is a mild, aqueous liquid antiseptic and it gets its name from its original chemical name, Trichlorophenylmethyliodosalicyl, although this has not been used as the active ingredient since the 1950's.
TCP ingredients Antiseptic Liquid now comprises of Phenol 0.175% w/v and Halogenated Phenols 0.68% w/v. TCP is one of the most well-known and trusted brands of antiseptic in the UK.
TCP ingredients contains halogenated phenols, which helps fight infection and provide relief for various ailments. It can be used for internal infections, such as cold, flu and sore throats, and external problems like boils, acne, cuts, and grazes.
Topical solution for sore throats cuts and mouth ulcers.
TCP ingredients antiseptic liquid 100ml is a dual action topical solution that helps to soothe pain and fight infections such as sore throats, mouth ulcers, small cuts, grazes, bites, stings, boils, spots and pimples.
Features of TCP ingredients antiseptic liquid
- Dual action formula
- Topical solution
- For sore throats, mouth ulcers and cuts
- Fast and effective relief
How to use
TCP ingredients Antiseptic Liquid has a number of uses. It fights infection and eases pain, and can be used for conditions including:
- Sore Throats - the liquid can be diluted one part TCP with 5 parts water and gargled to relieve symptoms of a sore throat
- Mouth Ulcers - Apply undiluted to mouth ulcers three times a day
- Boils, Spots and Pimples - Apply undiluted every 4 hours using a cotton bud or cotton wool
- Cuts, Grazes, Bites and Stings - Dilute one part TCP liquid with one part water and apply as necessary
TCP Brand Liquid Antiseptic is an Aqueous Glycerol Solution of Halogenated Phenols 0.68% w/v aand Phenol BP 0.175% w/v Other Ingredients: Concentrated Phosphoric Acid E104 (Quinoline Yellow) Demineralised Water